Thursday, April 18, 2013

Why do you take part in all this?

It is white clear that I took part in a pageant. You may still see on the top of my page a link to the posts about it and my sponsors for the competition.
And I am not going to remove them as I promised them to keep their logos on my page for a certain while as a thank you for their work that, unfortunately, has not been displayed by me by the time.

Why?
Well, for many reasons I had to pick up and schedule a date for the preliminary interview. And so I did. But I was not aware that time would change in USA the sunday before all the interviews would start. So the time that in SL stayed the same didn't fit my RL time anymore.
If I picked up that specific time it would have make sens for both my RL&SL, doesn't it?
So probably would have been nice for the organizers to - firstly - remind all non-USA-located contestants to mind the time change, and - secondly - check their IM boxes so that contestants who might meet some special needs would be able to honor their words.
Not only my appointment happened to be an hour earlier than what I planned, but then I also had a call from work if I could stay longer and I had to say yes.
It is not so easy to tell "No" to a pregnant woman that asks you to partially do her shifts.
So I contacted my liason and sent a notecard to the organizer/CEO of the pageant.
I got no answer.

Zero.

Then I have been pretty busy with RL stuff, as we have a pregnant woman at work and less people who can take her place and do her shifts.
And also was busy with my own Miss Fashion, which I am managing for KV Dream Fashion Agency. So when I logged in SL for half an hour, I had to response some issues about Miss Fashion and looked if there were notecards or communications for me from the other pageant where I am a contestant. Nothing.
"They sure are busy with all the other appointments right now, and it should be night at their place so they are not online. I'll check tomorrow."
When I logged again, I sent a notecard again, where I said I would have been happy to be contacted for a reschedule. This was the first thing I have done, as maybe time could count a bit.
And then read notices. They did send out a notice telling that contestants who missed their interview could reschedule it. And all this happened when for me is 7AM, and contestants would have 10 minutes to contact the board and arrange new appointments.
Great. If I knew there would be a possibility to reschedule I would have tried to be online earlier, as I missed it for about an hour.
Anyway is fine, I had stuff to do in RL and decided to take care of it first and be on SL for the time I was free in RL. THis makes absolut sense.

What surprised me is...
I then wrote again a notecard and IMs telling that I was very sorry for not being able to take part in the interview, but that I would like to take part in helping organizing events and organize some myself. I had contacts with a RL charity and promised to work with them for the next year, no matter if I would be the Miss or if I would be eliminated right away during preliminars.
When we applied, they asked us to try to keep work with the group even if we don't receive the final title, and I was ok with that.
I would have liked to stick with the group no matter what, and help as much I could... as I do have some skills for event managing.
No answer, as usual.
Well, probably they save me for later, as they are busy with semifinals anf finals right now. This is whi even if the board was online I sent them both IMs and NCs, to track conversations and reply later. It helps me too, when I am managing something.
Finals are over. I still don't get answers. I write an IM again. No answers.
The day after I log on SL and find out I got ejected from the group.
I write an IM to the CEO, who is online.
What I wrote is that I found myself ejected from group and I was surprised as I understood we were supposed to be members untill we get the 2014 participants. I asked if he maybe made it by mistake. And also reminded that I sent some NCs which I didn't got answer, if he could answer me about my questions as soon as possible. I also added that I was checking emails because I had IMs and notices capped, but still didn't find anything coming from him or the board staff.
It was the 21st of March. And I am still waiting for an answer.

Very nice, right?

Why am I writing this? I read some posts in several blogs and wanted to write something about my experience too. Especially after writing about this pageant and his CEO in such a good way as I did in this post. I wanted to say that he did great by being always there for questions.
This is what he did during the first week. Then he decided not to answer to anyone anymore, and candidates had to refer only to the blog and website and notices. Then he introduced liasons. Which were very friendly and nice people, but often they didn't have answers and had to ask him... and this made us wait for days to get a simple answer.
And this makes me remember something cool that happened.
My liason was not online, as we had pretty different timezones and I found really hard to talk to her directly. I needed a quick answer about something that might affect another job I was asked for. So I IMed the CEO. And asked for it.
As I write him my IM and press "send", a notice from the group pops up.
The notice says in a very angry way something like "Leave me alone with your dumm IMs, you have your liasons to ask questions to". Ok, he didn't write this, but this is how it sunded to me.
So I apologiezed him for writing to him my IM, but I was in a real need for the answer.
I think I wrote three times and he didn't answer anything, not even "Sorry I'm busy". So I finally wrote something like "I understand you might be busy at the moment, I saw the notice in the group. But as I need this answer by tomorrow, if I don't see my liason online I will be coming back to you if you online and ask again. Thanks"
So he writes me "Yes, thank you for understanding".
Cool, at least he wrote something!
This happened way before prelims. And I think this was only the last time I had a conversation with him.

Funny story.

I am happy I was in this pageant as I made lots of new great friends and shared lot of opinions with many people out there. But I got really disappointed as I got no treats at all. Not even bad ones. I was ignored! Most of the time.
And after reading all other blog posts of other candidates I would not suggest anyone to take part in this, if they will ever do other editions of it.

All my posts about the Miss Metaverse Pageantry are available here.

This post by Isoldel is very accurate.
Tivi also wrote very interesting thoughts and facts.

I am not sure if I'll write about this again, and I didn't feel like blogging my outfits I made for it yet, as I don't want to showcase the pageant as I got disappointed from it.
Sorry to all designers who gave me their items.
I will be surely using them in other outfits and other context!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Featured?

:::...DerelicT...ConcepT...::: (1) ::mar:: (1) :Fusion: (1) :ME: (2) {anc} (2) *anymore (3) 100 Block (7) 1hundred (1) 1nnovat1on (4) 7 deadly skins (3) 8f8 (1) a-y (1) AandA (1) absolut creation (10) abyss (5) adoness (4) adorkable (2) agapee (10) aitui (2) akeruka (9) akito (2) alafolie (3) alchemy (1) aleida (1) Alexandra89 Larnia (3) alice project (8) alina animations (1) aliza karu (7) Allesist Klaar (1) alvulo (8) ama. (1) amaama (1) amacci (16) amarelomanga (43) amd (7) american bazaar (1) amerie (1) analog dog (1) angelRED (2) angels of metal (1) anin a gris (1) annaA (1) aoharu (2) APS (1) Aragorn Diesel (2) arcade (4) Ares Kenyon (1) artic storm (1) artistry by E (5) ashmoot (1) Astralia Resident (1) astraliabrand (1) atik (1) atomic (1) avante (27) avid (6) azul (3) babydoll (1) Badon Rain (1) baiastice (4) bandit (2) bang (1) bare rose (2) bax coen (1) beautyfuldirtyrich (9) beccikie (140) Beccikie Jyraffe (4) behaviorbody (6) belle pose (2) belleza (4) BeloD (7) beloved jewelry (1) BiagioFebbraio Resident (1) bishes inc (1) black fair (1) black widow (1) blackandwhite (8) blacklace (4) bliss (9) blitzed (1) bloggerschain (3) bloggerthoughts (25) blow up (3) blueberry (1) boduoir (1) body language (3) body modification expo (6) bonetto (6) boon (36) bother house (1) bsd (4) buried (2) bykay (1) byrne (1) c+c (1) Caius Ghost (1) candiesprincess (21) candynails (48) carisma creations (2) casting (1) Cataligna90 (2) cest la vie (1) cgg (1) challenge (4) chapter four (1) cheeky (1) cheerno (21) Cheetah Ibor (1) chichikie (5) chloe (1) chus (1) claw (1) clef de peau (1) coco (17) coldLogic (2) coma (1) connors (1) contest (7) corpus (14) coy (1) cupcakes (5) curio (1) damselfly (1) darkmouse (1) david heather (2) DDM (1) dead dollz (26) deadwool (1) DECO (1) depraved nation (79) DEW (1) diamante (1) diamond style (2) diktator (1) dillydolls (9) dis opera (3) diva (13) dna (2) docs (1) Dougie Boxen (1) Dragola Demonge (1) dreams way (6) DROP (1) du jour (1) ducknipple (1) due (1) duh (1) dulce secrets (8) dura (3) e-clipse (24) Earthstones (1) easterling (2) eccentrica (1) eclipse art studio (6) ecru (1) eddesign (1) edelweiss (1) Edo Debevec (1) egoisme (9) elacor (1) elikatira (51) ellabella (1) elymode (2) elysium (1) emery (2) emo-tions (2) emporium (1) EndlessPain (8) enfant terrible (1) epic (8) equilibrium (1) essences (6) eternal dreams (8) eva footwear (1) evemesh (11) even.flow (1) event (50) everglow (2) evian (9) evilkyoot (1) exclusive (3) exile (24) exodi (19) exposeur (1) expressive poses (1) f.a.d. (1) faruk (1) fashion for life (9) fashion week (5) fashionista (364) fashiowl (1) fatewear (1) featured (15) fellini couture (3) fetching poses (1) fierce design (2) find ash (2) finesmith (22) fishy strawberry (9) flawless (4) flirt (9) flite (1) flowerchild (2) freakydesign (2) FROSTfair (17) fujiko creation (1) funk you (1) fusiondesign (1) FY (1) FZaPP (1) gabriel (2) gacha (6) gasqhe (1) gd (1) gemsandkisses (68) genesis lab (18) gfield (27) gid (1) Giovane Romano (4) giulia design (4) gizza (3) glamaffair (120) glamour style (4) glamourize (12) glitter (23) glitterati (3) glitteratibysapphire (4) glo-mart (1) glow (94) gogo love (1) GOLA (1) gos (10) gothikatz (1) graffitiwear (8) grasp (1) graves (7) grimbros (1) grixdale (1) grunt (1) HallNails (3) halloween (1) hd (1) Hitexi (7) hollyweird (1) hoorenbeck (4) hope (1) hot stuff (1) house of boobah (1) house of fox (11) hucci (1) hugodesign (3) humming (2) hunt (16) hyperion creations (3) hysteria (1) i<3f (1) i3fashion (4) Ibanez (1) ilaya (1) imabee (1) inedit (1) ingenue (1) inktruder (1) innuendo (27) intrepid (1) iren (1) isomotion (3) izzies (8) jamman (3) jetaime (1) JoJ (9) joli (1) JP (3) js (3) just you (2) k_gs (1) kalnis (2) kanival (1) Katiuscia Vollmar (4) kennedys (1) kk (1) kletva (2) kmadd (12) kosmo (73) krautuve (1) krave (1) krystal (1) kunglers (11) KV mag (1) kyoot (4) l'amant (1) lab737 (1) ladies who lunch (1) lamb (1) laq (3) larry (1) latreia (1) lavie (3) lazuri (1) le petite detail (3) le primitif (6) league (22) lelutka (15) leo-nt (2) ley-ly (1) lg (12) likeA (2) linc (6) little bones (1) liv-glam (2) livalle (1) lmd (1) lolas (9) loordes of london (1) loq (81) lost world poses (1) lovecats (9) luck of irish (4) luckie (1) Lupin SecretSpy (1) lyrical bizarre (2) Mac -Sette- Urnestone (1) mad about (1) madrid solo (11) magazine (4) magika (25) maitreya (33) mamis style (1) mandala (21) mandmh (1) manifeste (102) manuelita andretti (1) mary jane shoes (16) masoom (1) mayfly (7) me. (3) mea culpa (1) meb (3) mensfashion (39) mesmerize dungeon (1) metaverse pageantry (4) miam miam (1) miamai (11) Michelangelo Bergan (2) miel (6) mijn botique (1) mimikri (1) mina (1) Mirone (1) Miss Austria 2013 (4) mmc (1) modeling academy (6) modish (1) modus (1) mojo (2) mons (44) mood swing (1) moody (4) moon amore (1) moondance (30) morgane (2) mother goose (1) mr khaos (1) MUA (14) muism (1) mym (1) mynerva (1) mystic canvass (1) mz design (1) nardcotix (3) ncore (32) neurolab (3) nivaro (2) no9 (9) noon (1) noproject (3) nuuna (2) one fashion design (1) opencollar (2) opera (1) opium (2) Orsini (1) OVation (4) panda punx (1) Paradise Kiss (2) paris fashion (1) pda (3) penumbra (3) perfection is style (3) persefona (2) phedora (1) phoebe (1) phoenixrising (2) pig (2) pink acid (5) pink fusion (5) pixeldolls (3) plastik (10) ploom (14) plume (1) pocket mirrors (10) pom pom (1) pomposity (1) poseology (3) PoSeSioN (6) PoseWay (2) posey (2) posies (3) primtronics (1) print work (2) promo (21) props n poses (1) Psygon Rau (2) public enemy (4) pure poison (4) purple poses (25) PurpleMoon (44) Quinn Ying (1) QYN (15) r3 (1) Raziel Vordun (1) razorbladejacket (12) redgrave (3) redmint (4) redpassion (12) reign (7) reila skins (2) repulse (1) ricielli (17) rispetto designs (1) roots (7) ross fair (1) rottentoe (2) rozoregalia (13) sahara (1) sale (8) sang style (1) saphira jewels (1) sassy (2) scene shine (1) schock (12) scrub (9) secrets (1) sensual mistery (1) serendipity (1) seul (1) severed garden (1) sg (4) shag (9) shiny things (4) shiva (1) shoeunique (2) Shon Borgin (1) shows (41) Siemgirl Karsin (27) sigma (1) sindecated (1) siows (1) siss boom (1) sissi (3) SKing (1) skintimate (5) slave (1) slc (3) slink (61) snaphappy (2) solidea folies (3) somnia (3) sonia luxury fashion (3) sorryasia (16) spam (40) speakeasy (1) SS (4) stakey (1) static clothing (1) stelloane (1) step inside (5) style by kira (1) Style Kingdom (1) style so chic (1) sugar (5) swallow (105) sweetandtart (1) sweetest goodbye (2) sys (3) SYSP (6) tableau vivant (4) taketomi (1) tantalum (1) tara (1) TDTH (5) tellaq (1) tentacio (1) tgis (1) The Boys of Summer (5) the fantasy collective (1) the golden fleece (1) the little bat (1) the muse poses (8) the pose shop (1) the shops (1) thesecretstore (3) thirteenTH (1) thrift shop (19) tmp (7) tooty fruity (1) truth (37) tsukinowaguma (1) tukinowaguma (9) tutys (1) twa (1) uncleweb studio (1) unique (1) unorthodox (1) urbanity (1) valentinaE (1) valentine2014 (5) vanity hair (16) vassnia (2) vero modero (16) vestige (2) VFbyLera (2) vg (1) Victor Wonder (1) vintage (1) violator (4) virtual diva (1) VyC (1) WantToBe (1) wasabi pills (1) wetcat (13) white well (2) white widow (13) willow (1) wmd (3) women (2) womensfashion (252) Wonka Event 2013 (6) wow skins (1) x-tasy (4) XIAJ (1) xKlaus Resident (1) xyroom (2) yasum (4) ydea style (2) ysandys (26) zanzo (1) zdesign (1) zeb-sly (3) zenith (1) zion (1) zombiefetus (1) zzang (1) ηovita (1)